Re: [Synaptic-devel] signature switch in synaptic

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] signature switch in synaptic
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:01:39 +0200

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 00:46, Michael Vogt wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:51:52PM +0100, Slobo wrote:
> > ?? ??????, 05. 01. 2004 ?? 14:25 +0100, Michael Vogt ????????????:
> > > On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 03:31:38AM +0100, Slobo wrote:
> > > [..]
> > > I started to work on this one. The documentation is very clear. Some
> > > first changes are already in our svn, I'll go through the code and see
> > > if I can find more.
> >

> > Hello Micheal,
> Hi Slobo,
>
> > Want to test your changes (before release) in order to see if everything
> > is right and to see if you covered all those plural forms but have some
> > problems:
> >
> > after cd synaptic/trunk; ./autogen.sh I get this:
> >
> > checking apt-pkg/configuration.h usability... no
> > checking apt-pkg/configuration.h presence... no
> > checking for apt-pkg/configuration.h... no
> > configure: error: You need the apt-pkg headers installed to compile
> > synaptic.
> >
> > Can't find appropriate fedora rpm. Can you assist?
> >
> > btw. is this right procedure in obtaining source code (I mean HEAD) ?
> > first time:
> > svn co https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic trunk
> > update:
> > cd synaptic/trunk; svn update
> >
> > Thank you, especially for fast reply and work
>
> Sorry, no fast reply this time. I'm a bit busy this week.
>
> I develop under debian, so I'm not the best person to ask about fedora
> (Panu maybe?). But I guess you need a package called apt-devel or
> libapt-devel or something like this (libapt-pkg-dev is the debian
> name).

Sorry I missed the original mail completely - sure, prebuilt apt
packages for Fedora exist everywhere else but in Fedora Core itself :-/
The semi-official Fedora Extras at www.fedora.us has apt binaries but
the current stable version is a bit old, the latest version is
just-about-to-be published and is here:
http://download.fedora.us/pending/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.stable/

Then there are about a dozen different repositories like freshrpms.net,
ATrpms, Dag Wieers repository etc etc which also have apt packages for
Fedora.

        - Panu -