[Synaptic-devel] synaptic 0.48test1

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic 0.48test1
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:52:52 +0100

Dear Friends,

as Gustavo and I want to work on the new GUI that Sebastian build, I
want to release 0.48 soon. So I build a test-release of the current
code with the cool new icons (thanks Sebastian) and some minor
improvements and bug-fixes.

Please test it and tell me if it works for you. Here are the NEWS:
0.48-test1
 - reworked the status code and put new icons in (thanks to Sebastian)
   (unfortunally this change will reset any local changes to the
   colors used in the package list. sorry for this inconvenience)
 - default gnome colors are used to indicate the package status
 - right-click popup-menu now also works with multiple selected
   packages
 - the fetch dialog is nicer now (thanks Sebastian)
 - Icon Legend dialog added
 - welcome dialog added
 - bugfixes
 - "Fix broken packages" works now as in apt-get
   (thanks Panu Matilainen)

You can get the code at:
http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic

As usual, I tested it here on my debian/unstable machine and I'm
very interessted in reports from rpm users :)

thanks,
 Michael