RE: [Synaptic-devel] Bug: synaptic crashing at start up

From: Jose Carlos Pereira Lopes
Subject: RE: [Synaptic-devel] Bug: synaptic crashing at start up
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 20:52:59 +0200

Hello

The first command worked fine.
On the first run after the command I had the following message from synaptic:
Could not download all repository indexes

The repository might be no longer available or could not be contacted because
of network problems. If available an older version of the failed index will be
used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your network connection
and the correct writing of the repository address in the preferences.

ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-x86_64/base/pkglist.kde: Unable
to fetch file, server said 'Failed to open file.  '
ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-x86_64/base/srclist.kde: Unable
to fetch file, server said 'Failed to open file.  '

The following problems were found on your system:

W: Release file did not contain checksum information for
ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-x86_64/base/pkglist.kde
W: Release file did not contain checksum information for
ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-x86_64/base/release.kde
W: Release file did not contain checksum information for
ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-x86_64/base/srclist.kde

It worked anyway and without any remarks on the second run.

Many thanks

José