tcd-hackers

Re: [Tcd-hackers] Problem using TCD

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Tcd-hackers] Problem using TCD
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:14:49 +0000

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 09:55:57PM +0200, Steve wrote:
> address@hidden:~$ tcd
> sh: line 1: cddbslave: command not found
> Signal 13 caught, exiting.
> Please mail any info (no core dumps please.) to .
>
> address@hidden:~$
>
> Any ideas about what this means and what I can do to get tcd working
> would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

Please recompile tcd with debugging symbols and send a GDB log with
backtrace. (export CFLAGS=-g ; ./configure ; make ; gdb ./src/tcd)

I recall having gone through this already, and concluded it was related
to the "pclose" call on a non-popened process. I don't remember well though.

Uhm.. please also tell me if it works after commenting out the "popen" and
"pclose" calls (in tcd.c, iirc).

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)