tetum-translators

Re: [Tetum-translators] Fw: BlackDog-WhiteBoard

From: Lev Lafayette
Subject: Re: [Tetum-translators] Fw: BlackDog-WhiteBoard
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:14:04 -0800 (PST)

OK, I like this a lot. The flowchart is following the
discussion thread and incorporating material
appropriately. I particularly like the 'optional learn
from selections' user choice.

I think there are three further elements that have to
be considered and incorporated.

1) Rather than 'words' use 'phrases'. This seems to be
the case with all machine translation literature that
I have read. Gets around problems of definite
articles, conjunctions of verbs etc.

2) Between 5 and 7 (where's 6?) there needs to be a
'grammar translation phase'. This may be one of the
hardest elements.

3) I think it is important to specify what sort of
interface or programming language we're using at each
step. Just for my own sanity before I start learning
Python, right?

Again I'd like to reiterate that this is extremely
good work. I'm quite impressed.

Regards,

Lev

--- Peter Gossner <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]