texi2html

[Texi2html] Re: gettext-like framework for string translations

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Texi2html] Re: gettext-like framework for string translations
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:31:03 -0600

     {'duplicate'=>1} means the the document state
    should be used when expanding the string.

Why the name "duplicate", instead of a name such as
"document_expand"?  Just seems curious.

    (for the record, I reused the existing translations already in texi2html).

Is there any possibility of keeping any of the strings from makeinfo?
If not, life goes on, but it means a whole new job for each and every
translation.

Since this approach (which I think is great work, FWIW) has quite
different possibilities than any other package, we'll need to put your
message into some documentation, so translators have a chance of doing
the right thing.

Thanks,