Re: httex test fail info

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: httex test fail info
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:24:52 -0700

    What about having them run as part of long-check only, and same for
    latex2html tests?

That would surely be an improvement.  I can theoretically imagine people
doing long-check without necessarily having a usable tex4ht|latexhtml,
but I suppose we don't have to worry about it in advance.

Evidently my own make long-check will fail until I can get to the bottom
of it, but that's not a big deal.

    I completly agree that these tests test too much, and that tex4ht (and
    latex2html) are fragile, but they are important nevertheless, because
    they test the API.

Maybe additional tests of the API could be created that don't involve
actually running tex4ht|latex2html?  Or maybe it's not that important.
Whatever you think.

Thanks,