Re: perlpod conversion

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: perlpod conversion
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 23:22:11 +0200

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 02:10:10PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Patrice,
>
> Back on my request about converting the perl doc.  The script worked
> fine after I added some more -I's.  (Appended for the record.)
>
> But here is my next request (sorry): can you easily add a variable to
> make the output be suitable as an @included file, instead of turning
> each pod into its own .texi?  That is, what I really want in the end is
> one big perl.info, not 150 small ones.  (I'll write the top-level
> perl.texi with all the @includes by hand.)

What you ask for is already done... It is what I use to build the
tp_api!  You should just call pod2texi with
  --base-level=section
It should take care of prepending the manual name to each of the node
names.

You can have a look at the invokation in doc/tp_api/Makefile.am

If I recall well in some cases there are @include files done and a main
manual with the @include lines.  I don't remamber clearly if they are
not merged if the tree is corrected.

I'll have a try on the perl documentation.

--
Pat