Re: pretest time?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: pretest time?
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 22:49:52 +0200

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 05:42:55PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     address@hidden OUTPUT_PERL_ENCODING
>     +Perl encoding name used for the output files. By default,
>     +this is set automatically based on @code{@@documentencoding} or
>     address@hidden  You should never need to set this
>     +customization variable, instead, you should set
>     address@hidden
>
> If users should never set OUTPUT_PERL_ENCODING, I don't see a reason to
> document it?  Seems better to just leave it "hidden".

Ok.  In theory this could be useful if somebody wants to do something
weird, but I agree it is not really needed to document it.

>     @item TOP_NODE_UP_URL
>     Url used for the up node of the Top node for HTML; default
>     @code{undef}.
>
> What does that mean?  No link is output, I guess?

This sets the href=, but not the node name.  For instance if
TOP_NODE_UP_URL is set to "toto.com/somewhere/" and the
texinfo code is simply

@node Top

the link will be like
 Up: <a href="toto.com/somewhere/">(dir)</a>

> Anyway, I installed the patch with the usual tweaks, and an item for
> CHECK_HTMLXREF.  Thanks.

For CHECK_HTMLXREF you said that it was on in the default case.
Currently it is untrue, and I think that it is better if it is not set
in the default case.

> I (again) don't have anything left before making a pretest.  Let me
> know.  Will try to build the tarball ...

I don't have anything left either.

--
Pat