Re: @-commands with global effects in raw blocks

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: @-commands with global effects in raw blocks
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:26:48 +0100

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 05:41:23PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:

> I'd say yes.  Whatever is feasible.  The less that is done inside blocks
> that aren't going to be output, the fewer surprises for the user.

I have done that for most constructs.  Still 2 questions:

1. Should @errormsg, @macro, @unmacro be skipped too?

2. What about @-commands that takes information from the document?  3
cases, @click, @kbd and @acronym/@abbrev.

For example, if doing html, and there is

 @acronym{A, acc}

 @tex
 @acronym{A}
 @end tex

(And similar with @clickstyle / @click and @kbdinputstyle / @kbd.)

In the normal case, the information that 'acc' is associated with
@acronym first argument is put in the perl tree.  What should be done
here?

The possible weird case would be something like

 @acronym{A, acc}

 @tex
 @acronym{A, Another}
 @acronym{A}
 @end tex

Since @acronmy{A, Another} is ignored, if the current acronym information
is used, then @acronym{A} would be associated with 'acc' although there
is a logical association with 'Another'.

In general, since the construct in raw blocks that are not converted are
not converted, this issue is not really troubling, but already for
TexinfoXML it may not be theoretical, and in any case, there has to be
either the current document information or no information associated to
such commands in ignored raw blocks.

--
Pat