Re: pod2texi doc?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: pod2texi doc?
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 22:32:15 GMT

    I think because it is not installed in the default case because it
    depends on Pod::Simple::PullParser.

I ran a test install before I sent my message.  And pod2texi was
installed -- because I have PullParser.pm, evidently :).  But the point
is that I didn't have to do anything special in Texinfo to enable it
being installed, so it will be installed for some people, so it should
be in the manual.

Maybe we should add --enable-pod2texi=yes|no|detected to configure
(default detected, as it is now).

    The documentation of pod2texi in pod and of lib/Pod/Simple/Texinfo.pm
    in pod too could also be transformed to Texinfo by pod2texi itself and
    be somehow put in some manual.  pod2man may also be used to turn
    pod2texi.pl and lib/Pod/Simple/Texinfo.pm to man pages.

Yeah.  Man pages, yes, sounds good.  I don't think the pod2texi output
will fit well as part of the Texinfo manual, and a whole separate .texi
for it seems like overkill, but anyway, I'll mess around with it and get
back.

Thanks,
karl