Re: pod2texi doc?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: pod2texi doc?
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 23:50:56 +0100

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 10:32:15PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     I think because it is not installed in the default case because it
>     depends on Pod::Simple::PullParser.
>
> I ran a test install before I sent my message.  And pod2texi was
> installed -- because I have PullParser.pm, evidently :).  But the point

Nope, because it is in fact always installed.  It is nodist and not
noinst as I thought.

> is that I didn't have to do anything special in Texinfo to enable it
> being installed, so it will be installed for some people, so it should
> be in the manual.

It will be installed for all people...

> Maybe we should add --enable-pod2texi=yes|no|detected to configure
> (default detected, as it is now).

In that case I think it should simply replace perl-api-texi-build, as
it would be rather redundant.  I agree that the installation may be
skipped if not detected and not 'yes'.

Should I do that change?

> Yeah.  Man pages, yes, sounds good.  I don't think the pod2texi output
> will fit well as part of the Texinfo manual, and a whole separate .texi
> for it seems like overkill, but anyway, I'll mess around with it and get
> back.

Ok.

--
Pat