Re: -x repetition, initialization

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: -x repetition, initialization
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 00:26:43 GMT

Hi Sergey,

    The idea behind a "debugging level"

I am well aware of all this :).  I just don't find debug levels (or
categories) generally useful in practice, for a variety of reasons not
worth going into.  But I recognize that others do like them, evidently
including you, so that is fine.

Please do just tweak the manual for the existing levels and I'll edit it
from there.  That's fine.

    it performs a set of preparative operations before

Yeah, I know what Info does :).

I recognize your arguments for splitting the debug output but remain
unconvinced by them.  But that is ok too, I won't argue the point farther.

I think the only remaining question is making the debug output file be
configurable somehow, via an envvar as I suggested, or otherwise.
People run from read-only locations sometimes, so ... ?

Thanks,