Re: INFO_SPECIAL_CHARS_WARNING doc

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: INFO_SPECIAL_CHARS_WARNING doc
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 21:14:15 GMT

    So, if the issue is in the node name, it is not really problematic
    to warn, but not that problematic not to warn either.
    There are some arguments in favor of warning for cross-refs and not for
    index entries if the issue is with the name part of the cross-ref,

I think I understand.

It seems to me it would be cleanest to warn only when the name part of
xrefs is problematic, not the node part.  Would that be ok?  For
consistency with our thinking about indexes.

I wouldn't bother requesting it except from past experience, I fully
expect users to have vociferous complaints about the new warnings.  I'd
like to minimize those to the really problematic cases.

Thanks (also for the doc patch),