Re: INFO_SPECIAL_CHARS_WARNING doc

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: INFO_SPECIAL_CHARS_WARNING doc
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 01:13:50 +0200

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 04:06:37PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
> Is the same set of node names warned about in all cases (node, menu,
> xref)?  Or is it context dependent?
>
> If it's the same, then it seems like we might as well warn about node
> names only in node lines; while for menus and xrefs, warning only about
> the extra "naming" text, not the node names.

The warnings are all context dependent.  Node names when formatted as
node line at the beginning of a node are only warned on commas, as it is
the only thing that should not happen on node lines.  In menu entries, a
: is warned for if the menu entry node has no menu entry name.  If there
is a menu entry name, it is warned if it contains a :, and the node name
is warned if it contains , tab or '. '.  Similarly in cross-refs, a : is
warned for in the node name if there is no cross-ref name.  If there is
a cross-ref name, it is warned if it contains a :, and the node name
is warned if it contains , tab or '. ' (as it is presumably what info
uses to determine the end of a node name in that context).

--
Pat