Re: texindex in awk

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: texindex in awk
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 23:26:12 +0000

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 11:08 PM, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
> You have to use the new texindex[.awk] to process the index file for
> ti.texi.  Maybe that's it?
>
> Myself, I made texindex in my PATH a symlink to the texindex.awk that
> got generated by jrtangle.

That appears to be right. I got it to work by first running "make
texindex.awk", then editing texindex.awk to have the right path for
gawk. Then checking I had "." at the start of my PATH, then doing
"TEXINDEX=`which texindex.awk` make". (Doing "TEXINDEX=./texindex.awk
make" didn't work, probably because texi2dvi needs the full path.)