Re: t/results update

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: t/results update
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:00:15 +0000

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
> So I installed the Perl modules to run the t/tests, and regenerated the
> results with maintain/all_tests generate, thanks to Patrice's
> documentation.  It seems that many of the results were not previously
> committed ... I just committed everything (except the *.new files, which
> seem like a different problem).  If that was wrong and the results
> shouldn't be committed, no problem to undo, of course.

I ran "svn update tp/t". It showed that many files were "conflicted",
whatever that means. (Other times when there has been a conflict I
have been given a prompt about what to do, but not this time.) I
thought I got rid of the conflicts with "svn resolve -R
--accept=working t" (first I tried --accept=theirs-conflict, but svn
told me that working was the only allowed value). Then when I ran "svn
diff" a lot of the files under t were different. Nearly of the the
tests with "make check" pass now.

I don't think the directories called "out_html" should be committed.
After running "make check", "svn diff" shows the contents of a lot of
files (like
t/results/converters_tests/at_commands_in_refs_latin1/out_html/----_0021---_
002e--_002e-_003f-_0040.html) being deleted - maybe because I don't
have all the right Perl modules to run the tests.