Re: makeinfo and end-of-line format

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: makeinfo and end-of-line format
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:19:44 +0100

>> I can't think of any temp files off the top of my head, or easily find
>> such with grep.  Anyway, if all the hundreds of tests pass with the
>> change, I think it's safe enough to proceed.
>
> Then maybe we should indeed proceed, and let users complain, if there
> are problems.

Done. If others have better ideas or patches please post them.

Before the patch I posted, I had tried another change to
Texinfo/Convert/Info.pm, which ran "binmode" on the file handle
returned by "open_out". This failed the test suite, however, because
it reset the UTF-8 conversion in place on the file handle. I couldn't
see an easy way to turn off EOL conversion on an existing file handle
without resetting other "output filters" at the same time. We could
always add an extra argument to "open_out", but I'd prefer not to
because that is just making things more complicated.