Re: [Texmacs-dev] QT licence problem

From: Stéphane Payrard
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] QT licence problem
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:50:01 +0200

An interesting fact is that Qt is an approved
Open Source license. See http://opensource.org/licenses/

Personally I am very much bored by license discussions. My philosphy
is that with Internet, once the code is out in a scale large enough,
it will live its own life for the better and there is no way that it
can be hijacked for the only profit of an individual or
organisation. And if Internet or our computers get so tightly
controlled so as to kill Open Source, it will become a moot point
altogether.

And, yes I know the opinion of rms about non Gnu-licenses.
Personnally I think that an approved Open Source License or
an appropriate combination of them is good enough. Perl
is shipped both with the Perl Artistic License and GPL
for example.

--
  stef