Re: [Texmacs-dev] Further Problems with CVS

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Further Problems with CVS
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:59:22 +0200 (MET DST)

> I'm one of the translators of the TeXmacs-documentation. Joris suggested me
> send my questions rather to this mailing-list. Perhaps someone can help me, i
> have still trouble with CVS. I think i made everything on savanna, uploading
> of the RSA-key and configuring the ssh-config files so i can download the cvs
> repository. That works. But when i try to commit my changes (in fact the new
> *.de.tm files) then i get at last the message:
>
> cvs server: [05:55:29] waiting for Barross's lock in
> /webcvs/software/texmacs-doc
> cvs server: [05:55:59] waiting for Barross's lock in
> /webcvs/software/texmacs-doc
> cvs server: [05:56:29] waiting for Barross's lock in
> /webcvs/software/texmacs-doc
> cvs server: [05:56:59] waiting for Barross's lock in
> /webcvs/software/texmacs-doc
> cvs server: [05:57:29] waiting for Barross's lock in
> /webcvs/software/texmacs-doc
> cvs server: [05:57:59] waiting for Barross's lock in
> /webcvs/software/texmacs-doc
> [...]
> Somehow i am unable to connect. that my be a firewall problem perhaps, i
> don't
> know. Did someone had similar problems?

Did someone else try to use the CVS for texmacs-doc?
I had many problems with the CVS myself, but that was at the very
beginning of Savannah and I spent an afternoon hacking with the
main maintainer of Savannah to get my problems arranged...

So it would be good if someone else could explain to Hans
how to get things working...

Thanks, Joris