[Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs styles, and sessions

From: jrk
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs styles, and sessions
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:22:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > <snip dutch explanation why the link was down>
>
> OK, the website can be reached again. Please decompose your patches and
> contributions into separate parts which are described on the Wiki at
>
>       http://alqua.com/tmresources/patches%20and%20contributions%20by%20users
>
> This will accelerate their incorporation into the main distribution.

I'll make a diff against 1.0.0.11 as soon as i have some more spare time,
time (in a week or perhaps a bit longer). I will post a link on the wiki
page when it's done.

> Question: would it be possible to place TeXmacs boxes or
> postscript graphics inside the text areas of dotty/graphviz?

hmm.. I don't think graphviz was meant to support this, but I do know a
hack that will make this work, but it's a bit of a kludge (it involves
using 'custom graphics box' options in dotty, with one postscript file
for each box). I can see the reasons why this feature would be useful, but
I'm afraid there is no clean way to handle this at the graphviz side at
the moment.

One more (perhaps interesting) note on graphviz is that it is _not_
'vrij', it is a 'free as in beer' for non-commercial use type of license.
I do not know of any good alternatives if this is a problem, but I do know
programs like doxygen use it for their graph plots as well.

> We might then try to enhance your interface into a first
> interesting "plugin" for TeXmacs (even though I guess that
> such a project should wait a few months).

I don't mind waiting and pondering on the idea a bit longer.
Right now i just do not have a lot of time to hack on TeXmacs, however I
do spend a lot of time using it right now (I'm using it for the whole
documentation/manual/system desing document).
I did find a few crashbugs that i was unable to track down, and I'll make
up a real report for those later on.

Greetings,

Jorik Blaas