[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs presentation

From: Stéphane Payrard
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs presentation
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 03:11:13 -0400

I forward this mail sent by Fernagut Thibaut. I met him at
irc.openprojets #mdk-cooker. He is interested by technical
presentations preferably by native English speaker(s).  He is
interested by Perl and TeXmacs presentations so I sent to the two
lists (ppm and texmacs-dev). The meetings are hosted at Bruges but he
is ready to taxi the presentator from Paris and to lodge him as well.

He is also interested to attend the next Perl mongueurs meeting
if someone volunteers to lodge him.

BTW: The mails to paris.pm will be lost if you don't belong to the
list but  I am ready to forward them if you put me in copy.

  Hi,

  My name is Fernagut Thibaut .

  I was the former admin of LUGWV (can be reached at  www.lugwv.be). There is
no
  leadership anymore but everybody is doing thier part. As we have 19X web

  members and 9X IRL members we give every month a demonstration about various

  topics. These meetings are only for IRL members and those meetings are

  educational and interactive. We had secure C programming, kernel debugging ,

  tripwire , IPV6, python , gnome2, ISOlinux , gentoo , blabla  demo's and I

  would love a demo of a real perl monk. There won't be alot of attendees (15 /

  30) but the interest is huge. I can provide transport and even  a place to

  crash) . So I will take care of the demonstrators and participants for the

  weekend. A meeting is always  the first sunday of the month. So 6 oktober  is

  the next in line. A meeting starts at 14.30 hours and ends arround 18.30. So

  a general perl introduction would be great. The presentator should know

  though , that the average level is far above n00b . There will be in depth

  question but don't be scared. Previous demo's by external folks ended up in a

  constructive conversation where questions and ansers followed up verry fast.

  So a presentation is more like a cool nice chit chat betwen the visitor and

  the attendees.

--
 stef