Re: [Texmacs-dev] (no subject)

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:31:25 +0200 (MET DST)

> > /usr/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.
> > /usr/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.
>
> You probably need a more recent loader. Searching with google seems
> to confirm that hypothesis:
>
>   from: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-02/msg00965.html
>
>   FORM 14 is DW_FORM_strp, recently added to GCC.  You need a newer
>   binutils.
>
> Indeed ld is part of binutils.

I never changed "binutils". Can I do this by recompiling
the most recent version using gcc-3.2 and installing it
in the same directories as gcc-3.2 (so that the paths will
take precendence over /usr/bin)?

I am sorry to ask these silly questions, but I am quite
paranoiac about changing system utilities...