[Texmacs-dev] Wilcarding keymaps

From: david
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Wilcarding keymaps
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:54:34 +0100

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 04:54:06PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > typing $x|-> does not give the \mapto operator, I have to delete the |-> and
> > type it again... Works the second time !
>
> Yes, this is because of a new keystroke to enter the ><| symbol.
> I left it out again, because the behavior you describe is indeed
> confusing.

When I asked for "wildcarding keymaps" I did not clearly state my idea
(probably because it was not very clear), but the idea was to allow
shortcuts like "x |"  "o |" (e.g.) and "| - >" to coexist.

Also the described problem could be worked around in the current state
by duplicating all shortcuts starting by "|" with 'variants' startings
by "x |" which would insert "x" and the corresponding symbol.

For example:

(set-keymap (in-math?)
  ("x | tab" "<rtimes>")
  ("| -" "<vdash>")
  ("| - >" "<mapsto>")
  ; etc.
  ("x | -" "x<vdash>")
  ("x | - >" "x<mapsto>")
  ; etc
  )

It might be possible to extend wildcarding to factor this:

(set-keymap-regexen (in-math?)
  ("x \?" "x?"))
(set-keymap (in-math?)
  ("x | tab" "<rtimes>")
  ; etc.
  )

That in the spirit of what I was thinking when I asked for wildcarding
keymaps. I know I did not explain my though, probably because it was
(and is still) quite hazy.

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org