Re: [Texmacs-dev] Reorganization of the menus

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Reorganization of the menus
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:36:02 +0100 (MET)

> Well... after a long night of work I completed all the most urgent
> proposals for menus. Let us see what will go in 1.0.1.
>
> A few big parts are still missing:
>
>   generalized disabling of structural menu items -- would require some
>     DTD-like definition for environments to be done properly;

This is part of the reorganization, but there have been
so many delays that I can not promise any date.

>   more useful contextual menu -- that would require more thought to
>     provide the most relevant operations in the current context;

I agree, but that requires a lot of thought.
Nevertheless, this is not really urgent either.

>   palettes for color selection -- something might be done right now
>     using symbols, but a correct implementation would probably require
>     new widgets;

I agree here too. There are two important things to be programmed
on the C++ level: improving the file chooser to incorporate
document formats and a color chooser. The support for colors
itself should also be improved. I never had time for these issues...