Re: [Texmacs-dev] Patch 1168

From: david
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Patch 1168
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:56:51 +0100

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 10:12:45AM -0700, Nix N. Nix wrote:
> > I agree that now tmtable is cluttered, it will be refactored later.
>
> Well, there's a lot of information, so there must be many accessors.

Yes, but there is too much repetitive code in tmtable currently, and
that will only get worse over time. Repetitive code is bad.

>  Do you think you can refactor without changing the call interface ?
> I mean, (p 'cols 'rborder) should still work, even after refactor,
> correct ?

Mostly, that was designed for this.

Yet I have not yet decided which is best:

  -- message passing interface (the current one in tmtable)

  -- procedural interface (like tmlength)

But anyhow I will handle the update work if I ever change my mind.