[Texmacs-dev] Style questions in scheme

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Style questions in scheme
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:16:31 +0100 (MET)

> One small thing I noticed along these lines: wouldn't
>
> (let* (
>   (name0 (binding1))
>   (name1 (binding0))
>   ...)
>
> be better than
>
> (let* ((name0 (binding1))
>   (name1 (binding0))
>   ...)
>
> ?  I know, it's less compact, but this way, all bindings are indented
> likewise. The first binding is no more special than any of the others,
> right ?

In fact the right way is

(let* ((name0 ...)
       (name1 ...))
  ...)

In Emacs' Scheme-mode (yes there will once be a TeXmacs Scheme mode),
you will automatically obtain these indentations. In general,
it is good to mimick the indentation style in the existing code.

I also recommend to load the "tm-mode.el" in your .emacs file.
This will highlight additional TeXmacs keywords and correctly indent them.