[Texmacs-dev] 1.0.1.23

From: Martin Costabel
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] 1.0.1.23
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 17:41:58 +0200

On Mac OSX, the new version now works with guile-1.6. It is only necessary to set the path to guile during compile-time. This is very easy.

Maxima etc sessions now work for the first time with guile-1.6.

OTOH, shell sessions do not work. "Do not work" means that the line "Shell session inside TeXmacs" is shown and then nothing happens any more. There is no prompt, and I can type commands, but they are only shown as text, not executed. When I choose "Interrupt session" from the Session menu, TeXmacs hangs completely.

Going back to older versions, I see that this is not a guile problem, because shell sessions didn't work in 1.0.1.20 with guile-1.4 either. They work, however, with 1.0.1.16. So it seems that the new plugin code for shell sessions in tm_shell.cpp never worked on OSX.

Question: When I compile just tm_shell.cpp and run the executable from the command line, is this supposed to give an interactive shell session or not? I don't know enough about pipes and forks to see this from the code.

--
Martin