Re: [Texmacs-dev] Savannah project admin privs

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Savannah project admin privs
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:43:10 +0200

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 03:01:12PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > Now that you want privs, you have them. What is the problem?
>
> The problems are that
>
>   1) Your behaviour has been highly impolite.
>   2) You do not simply admit having removed my admin rights
>      (who else could have done it? a mars-man?).
>   3) You don't seem to regret your behaviour.
>   4) You don't apologize for it.

I do not see why you are so angry. Not having admin privs on Savannh
for some time had no effect since you have not even tried using them.
And when you ask for them, you get them immediately.

As far as I can remember, I created the Savannah site for TeXmacs, set
up everything from the ground up (including the project description,
which is supposedly the first thing one would put in). Also I do not
remember you taking any administrative action on this site. So,
_maybe_ you just never had the privs.

But memories are tricky sometimes. And maybe I did give you admin
privs, then removed them after we had some argument. I used to get
much more angry than I do nowadays. If I ever did so, I apologize
because that would indeed not have been a very responsible action. You
are the maintainer of the GNU project and Savannah is hosted by GNU so
you are entitled to admin privs on this site.

--
                                                            -- ddaa