[Texmacs-dev] Performance issue and crash

From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Performance issue and crash
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:52:33 +0100

Again me,

I am currently writing a book with 20 or so included documents and one
master. The final document has ca. 100 pages.

I am working on a rather slow notebook with a 600 Mhz Transmeta
Chip. I must say that it is nearly impossible to work on the
master. When I insert a new headline tm is irresponsible for
seconds. And updating the master makes tm crash.

I am using 1.0.2-6 on debian unstable.

I have access to a 2.6 GHz machine and will try performace there when
I have time. But anyway I think tm is too slow regarding working on
included documents.

Cheers!
juh

--