Re: [Texmacs-dev] preview: cygwin packages available

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] preview: cygwin packages available
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:58:49 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Andreas Seidl wrote:
> I've just generated and tried out the first TeXmacs packages for Cygwin
> this morning. By pointing Cygwin's setup.exe to
>
>   http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin

Notice that I do not have access to this page...

> TeXmacs can be installed now.  There is version 1.0.2 and
> 1.0.2.10 available. These packages are not the final versions and should
> be considered as a preview.

It would be good if some other people who use cygwin could try.
What should they do in order to test your packages?

> Most interesting for me at the moment is a full list of package
> dependencies and usage, as for a readme file it would be nice to precisely
> say which packages are required for runtime (r) and which for building
> (r). This is my guess, please correct and add:
>
> ghostscript-base      (r)
> ghostscript-x11       (r)
> guile                 (r,b)
> guile-devel           (r,b)
> gile-doc              (r,b)

You mean guile-doc?

> make                  (b)
> tetex                 (r)
> tetex-devel           (r)
> xfree68-base          (r)
> xfree68-prog          (r)

The X libraries are also needed for building TeXmacs.

> optional packages:
> all other tetex pkgs  (r)
> iconv                 (r,b)
>
> external packages:
> netpbm                        (not available under cygwin, ImageMagick is)

netbpm: (r)

>From the current install page:

---------
If, for some reason, you do not want to perform a complete installation,
then you should make sure that you install at least the following
packages: gcc, make, tetex, tetex-devel, texmf, XFree86-base,
XFree86-prog, ghostscript-x11 and all Guile packages (guile, guile-devel,
guile-doc, libguile12 and libguile14). You probably also want a decent
window manager like openbox or WindowMaker.
---------

So you will also need

        gcc     (b)

I don't know whether you may add suggestions in the dependencies too.