Re: [Texmacs-dev] Efficiency of scheme implementation

From: Michael Graffam
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Efficiency of scheme implementation
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:01:03 -0500 (EST)

> Thanks for the pointer. This will probably still take some time though.
> In any case, I feel that the Scheme interface should be modified in such
> a way that it is reasonably easy to plug-in abitrary Scheme implementations.

Being able to easily plug-in arbitrary Scheme systems would be great.
It would be relatively easy to create a Scheme dialect in Common Lisp
(the pseudoscheme implementation might be a good start) that would be
sufficient for TeXmacs. A Lisp backend would provide the needed foundation
for a measure of Emacs compatibility, as well as making TeXmacs
that-much-more flexible.

-- Mike