[Texmacs-dev] RE: [TeXmacs] Updated Windows Version

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] RE: [TeXmacs] Updated Windows Version
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:19:07 -0400

Dan

I tried the install of WinTexmacs 0.8 on a clean machine where TeXmacs
had never been installed before and with Acrobat 6 installed. It seems
to work well - including printing! So I think your guess below was
correct. It might be good if your installer could check for any

But now I have a question: When I print to a color printer the result
is only grey-scale, not color. But if print to a file and then use
Acrobat to convert it to PDF and print, then it is in color. Is that
expected?

On Sunday, September 26, 2004 3:18 PM you wrote:

> When you choose to print, do you see any error messages in the
> console window?

No, none.

> Check your task manager, if ghostscript is called, gswin32c.exe
> should appear as a running process.

gswin32c.exe does not appear.

> The fact that adobe distiller is getting run makes me think you
> have the old version lurking around somewhere and that you are not
> infact running the new version.  The older version used a different
> install package so it is possible that the old version was not
> overwritten.

That was a very good guess! Yes, I probably did have a (much) older
version installed.

> Please erase the .TeXmacs directory in your home path, and make
> sure that the wintexmacs directory is gone from the program files.
> Then reinstall.

I will try that later this week when I am back in my other office.

Regards,
Bill Page.