Re: [Texmacs-dev] Segfault when clicking on an equation

From: M. Edward Borasky
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Segfault when clicking on an equation
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:54:29 -0800

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 12:54 +0100, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> Nicolas Girard wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > today I opened an old document and tried to copy & paste one of its
> > equations : TeXmacs immediately crashed when I clicked on the equation in
> > order to select it.
> >
> > The same effect arises when the equation gets isolated into a fresh
> > document ;
> > I've attached that fresh document containing but the equation to this mail.
> >
> > Could someone have a look at it ?
> > Currently I'm using TeXmacs 1.0.4.3 on Mandrakelinux.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance,
> >
> > cheers
> >

> I can reproduce it: 1.0.4.5 compiled from source and running in Debian
> GNU/Linux sarge. Moreover, it also segfaults when one tries to get into
> the equation through keyboard movement.
>
> HTH, 'A.

Segfaults, eh? What kernel are you running? Is it by chance a 2.4.26 or
later 2.4? I had a lot of segfault problems when I migrated from 2.4.25
to 2.4.26 in things like "clisp" and "cmucl". These went away with 2.6
kernels. There was a change in the memory mapping configuration / user
process address space handling at 2.4.26.

In short, I went from 2.4.25 to 2.6.10; nothing after 2.4.25 in the 2.4
series worked for me.