Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs' future

From: Felix Breuer
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs' future
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:09:25 +0000

Hello again,

perhaps I should ask more specific questions (regarding items I believe
were mentioned once on the list, but which I can't track down).

1) d.r.d.

What are the plans for data relation descriptions? Is anybody working on
a specification/design document? What has already been implemented? And,
most importantly, what is the general concept behind them?

2) scripting language independence

I think something was mentioned about making it possible to script
TeXmacs with other languages than scheme. What became of this?

3) OpenGL backend

Also, I remember something about creating an OpenGL drawing backend
for TeXmacs. This would interest me a lot, especially if this would
make it possible to link my own OpenGL apps against TeXmacs and have
TeXmacs do the text layout and rendering for me.  :)

Thanks,
Felix