[Texmacs-dev] compatible versions of Maxima / TeXmacs

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] compatible versions of Maxima / TeXmacs
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 22:06:01 -0600

Hello,

I wonder what makes Maxima compatible or incompatible with TeXmacs.
There have been reports that Maxima 5.9.3 doesn't work with TeXmacs.
Are there some changes in Maxima which make it incompatible,
or is it just a matter of adding 5.9.3 to the list of recognized versions?
Is there a simple way for users to patch their TeXmacs installation
when they upgrade Maxima?

As for myself, I find that TeXmacs 1.0.5 won't work with Maxima 5.9.3 --
TeXmacs appears to launch 5.9.3 if I select "default" from the list of
Maxima sessions, but the status bar says "[dead]". Should I expect
1.0.6 to work with 5.9.3 ?

Questions about TeXmacs appear from time to time on the Maxima
mailing list. I'm hoping to be better prepared next time that happens.

Thanks for any information,
Robert Dodier
Maxima developer