Re: [Texmacs-dev] [For packagers] New font packages now carry a license

From: René van Bevern
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [For packagers] New font packages now carry a license
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 23:05:50 +0200

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:

Good evening, Joris.

> The extra font packages now carry license information.
> So this should no longer be an obstacle for not using them

Almost. ;-)

I am glad to see that we are making progress in this and I have
checked your provided license against the terms provided in the source
files of the fonts, and everthing seems to be ok so far.

I only have one issue left: I can't figure out where you got the fonts
in type1/la/* from. Searching for their basenames on ctan.org does not
yield any results, neither do the fonts in
http://ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/la/ seem to be the source for
them. The LA and LLA fonts from there also carry a strange licence
that does not explicitly allow modification, just redistribution as a
whole, without removing any parts.

It'd be nice if you clarified the origin of the fonts in type1/la/*. I
have found only a few references to them via google, but none of them
were useful besides your Makefile used to create them. ;-)

Thank you,
      René

--
René van Bevern <address@hidden>