Re: [Texmacs-dev] [For packagers] New font packages now carry a license

From: René van Bevern
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [For packagers] New font packages now carry a license
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 13:36:14 +0200

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:

Hello Joris,

> They are standard in TeTeX.

Thank you, I have found them in the original TeTeX distribution
now. (they carry different names there)

> Well, I am more than fed up with these licensing issues.

I fully understand that you are fed up. I am not bugging you about
license concerns because it gives me joy either. It's just something
that has to be clear for redistribution. Thank you for your patience
in this.

> If anyone wants to remove the la fonts and make all necessary changes
> to notify russian users on what to do to get them, that is fine with
> me too.

Now that the origin of the la/ fonts is clear, this is luckily not
necessary.

> If Debian has chosen to call LaTeX "free software", then they should
> no longer trouble me with this nonsense.

This is true, of course. It's just that it was not obvious until now
that the la/ directory is generated from parts of the standard TeTeX
distribution.

Third-party fonts (i.e. if they were not from the TeTeX distribution)
could underlie more restrictive licenses. I hope you understand my
concerns in this case.

But to calm you down, I can tell you that the license thing is now
clear and ticked off for me. I apologize for upsetting you or getting
on your nerves.

   René

--
René van Bevern <address@hidden>