Re: [Texmacs-dev] A few small patches

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] A few small patches
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:41:01 +0100

Do we really need non-ascii characters? The generated LaTeX files will
be more portable if we avoid non-ascii characters alltogether.
Only if the user allows the converter to put catcodes in the preamble,
we should allow for non-ascii characters, and add the necessary catcodes
I agree that this would be the ideal solution. However, this would mean that the converter would need to take into accound the encoding of each individual font. Unfortunately, the binary character sequences within TeXmacs have their encoding defined only by the currently active font. Currently, only the CorkT1 encoding is properly transcoded to catcodes. (at least after my patch, that is...) If people use different fonts with different encodings somewhere in their TeXmacs document, these will not be translated correctly to LaTeX or anything else.