[Texmacs-dev] Qt-TeXmacs on Windows repeatedly fails to start

From: Gareth McCaughan
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Qt-TeXmacs on Windows repeatedly fails to start
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:43:24 +0100

On two machines running Windows XP I have had the following problem:
I download the Qt TeXmacs installer and run it, without obvious problems;
I run TeXmacs; texmacs.exe runs for perhaps half a second and then exits
without visibly doing anything; it does this consistently if I try to run it again.

(These are the only machines I've tried to use Qt-TeXmacs on. I have never
successfully run it on any machine.)

The page at http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/winqt.en.html says
that after building from source the executable will crash the first time it's run;
this doesn't seem to be the same issue since the executable crashes *every*
time it's run.

Is this a known issue? If not, would it be useful for me to investigate further
(e.g., by building from source myself and seeing whether I get the same failure,
and digging further if so?) If it is a known issue, is there a fix or a workaround?

Thanks!

--
Gareth McCaughan