Re: [Texmacs-dev] patch: add some CJK truetype fonts

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] patch: add some CJK truetype fonts
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:05:21 +0200

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:46:07AM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> Just for interest; is there a strong reason why texmacs can't just use
> whatever fonts you have on your system - why it needs to know their
> names in advance?

The font system has to be completely reorganized,
the inconveniences are inherited from the TeX-age.
But we first want to stabilize the Qt port.

For the moment, we just manually add some fonts if really needed.
Since the CJK fonts are quite large, it is good to support at least
some of the native fonts indeed.

Now that we are talking fonts, I just tried the new STIX fonts,
but I do not really understand how they work. Someone knows about
the appropriate installation procedure to follow?

Best wishes, --Joris