Re: [Texmacs-dev] labeling enhancement suggestion

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] labeling enhancement suggestion
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:30:11 -0000

On 11/03/11 11:14, Peter Rapčan wrote:
Hi developers,

I would like to suggest an enhancement to the labeling/referencing system. If a
label *is* referenced from somewhere in a document, could this fact be suggested by
a label mark that would be different (e.g. color) from the label mark shown when the
label *is not" really referenced anywhere in a document?

An example of this being useful: I want to delete a labeled equation, but I
don't know whether it is referenced to somewhere else in the text and thus
whether the equation can or cannot be deleted safely.

Would be very useful in my opinion. What do you think?

I like it - it is clearly useful - but it would also require fixing a bug that I suffer from... so it gets 2 votes for me.

Currently if you have a label, and reference it, and then delete the label, the reference always looks valid and refers to the last location of the label. Stale labels are not reaped, even when "Document, Update, All" is run multiple times.

However the good news for me is that <assign|save-aux|false> in the pre-amble has suddenly started working (though I don't know why) so my labels are getting reaped when I quit and re-start.

Sam