[Texmacs-dev] qt TeXmacs is deadly slow

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] qt TeXmacs is deadly slow
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:49:43 +0100

With --enable-qt I'm finding teXmacs will go to 100% CPU for a second or more when I do mild things like insert a blank line near the beginning of a medium document. (Even with Document, Page, Type, Automatic).

The delay is the pagination changes, and is very short at the end of the document.

As an example, try importing this into TeXmacs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_%28by_state%29 it is about 600K long in the html

Pressing ENTER near the top of the page uses 100% CPU for about a second, inserts the line and then paints a corrupt screen.

I compiled non-qt and everything is great! (except the stinking file dialogs).

Does qt support non-event-loop based painting? (If that's the problem)?

Sam