[Texmacs-dev] Mathematica Plugin

From: BB
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Mathematica Plugin
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:01:53 +0200

I just received a confirmation from the organiser of  the Mathematica Symposium of Users ( London June 11th-13th 2012 ) , that my paper has been accepted.
You can find below the text of the abstract i sent (one month ago).

Some participants of this meeting will likely want to try TeXmacs.
It would be great -if possible - to provide them an installable version of a plugin Mathematica.
I have myself a version of Andrey's plugin, working well on my mac thanks to the great help of Philippe and Miguel,
but I'm unable to summarize how Miguel did that job  ( i kept all the stuff generated during the compilation ).

I would appreciate any idea/advice on what should possibly say/show/ask at the meeting.

bertrand

----

Abstract:

As a regular user of both Mathematica and the editing platform GNU-TeXmacs, I started about two years ago developing some packages for interfacing Mathematica and TeXmacs. That allowed me to export most of the Mathematica expressions into TeXmacs, and to generate most of the TeXmacs objects ( graphical elements, tables ) using Mathematica.

 On the basis of this I developed some pedagogic material, with numerous examples of application, easily  available via a TeXmacs plugin-menu.
Some of these features of this program are:

- Ability to generate sophisticated mixtures of graphs and text ( 2D ), such that: graphs, diagrams, fregean ideography, development of euclidian division etc...
  Using TeXmacs  in place of the standard Mathematica front end, all the results can be reedited in the friendly framework of TeXmacs  with its high-quality typesetting,    and printed with a LaTeX quality.

- Possibility of doing some step by step constructions in geometry ( but not dynamic ) like adding geometrical elements
  ( points, segment by  points, parallel to segment by other points, circle, squares, polygons  ... )

- Possibility to import data from a ( TeXmacs ) file containing arrays or geometric figures for evaluating coordinates, angles, distances, areas...

- Possible transformations (2D) of most of the geometric objects ( combination of translations, rotations, symmetries, Möbius )

- Representation of the solutions of some differential equations associate to a given direction vectorial files.
   ( Unsing TeXmacs, we can add points manually in a region of the vectorial field or by introducing the coordinates.
   The analytic solutions ( for the curves by each given point ) are written in an associated table ).

- Basic curve and (multi-curves ) stretching, with representation of intersections and extrema. Curves of regression.

- Finding the properties of binary operations ( associativity, commutativity conditions for structure of group ) or binary relation
  ( reflexivity, transitivity, symmetry ) for finite sets of various object ( numbers, matrices, functions ) .

-----------------  messages relative to this subject  ------