Re: [Texmacs-dev] a bug when "convert utf8 to LaTeX", and potential fix

From: jiazhaoconga
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] a bug when "convert utf8 to LaTeX", and potential fix
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 16:03:00 +0800

>> It's important to export Chinese as LaTeX because
>> currently LaTeX does a better job transforming documents into
>> pdf.( CJK typesetting has a lot differences with western, and a lot
>> complicated latex packages trying to solve it.) So, again, this helps
>> us a lot.
>
> Ok. If you have a good insight of what could be done to improve TeXmacs
> at this level, don't hesitates to report it.

Well, TeXmacs now does a great job at internationalization, but localization
is another thing. The biggest problem is that Chinese punctuation characters
take too much spaces. And I don't think `./TeXmacs/fonts/font-database.scm`
is good enough when adding CJK fonts.

And there are too many other small localization problems. I think it will need a
local user group to take care of localization. Chinese TeX internationalization
is solved by CJK package / XeTeX, and localization is solved by ctex package,
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/chinese/ctex
That's a lot of work.