tftb-help

[Tftb-help] Status of ANSI C port, or alternatives to it

From: daspostloch
Subject: [Tftb-help] Status of ANSI C port, or alternatives to it
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:12:48 +0200

Hi,

if this seems a bit off-list to you, please bear with me:

I have few experience with TFRs but need to use some
functionality in an upcoming project, especially wavelets
and quadratic TFRs. Since we only work in C++ (with
some python), I considered the ANSI C port [1] of the TFTB.
Unfortunately, the project (and contacts) seem dead.

So my question is: does anyone know how beta and buggy
the C port really is? Would anyone recommend other possible
solutions for use with C++ ?  - I checked the following:

- DiscreteTFDs seems pure .m
- Wavelab and ltfat seem to have only critical parts in c.
- Lastwave seems pure c, but I do not know how much
  its own scripting language would get in the way. Also,
  it seems to be not as complete TFTB for TFRs, especially
  in the areas I need. And the C API for the wavelets etc.
  seems to be not well documented, only for the scripting access.

I am additionaly thinking about letting a student create python
bindings and a pygtk/matplotlib based frontend for the
ANSI-C-TFTB, which might be convenient during application
and further development.

So before completely going down that road, I'd really appreciate
any comments about existing related efforts, possible problems
or other suggestions.

Thanks and best regards, Matt

[1] http://www-lagis.univ-lille1.fr/~davy/toolbox/Ctftbeng.html