thales-misc

Re: [Thales] evolution

From: Lucas Nussbaum
Subject: Re: [Thales] evolution
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:45:48 +0200

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 04:33:42PM +0200, CrazyCat <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using Thales since a while, and I think that some enhancements are
> possible (I'm not sure I can do them, I don't know C):
> - adding the U:line in the server DB: there's no way to choose wich
> server we want to exclude in a select :(
> - the server.linkedto field seems to not be right (due to the limitation
> of tinyint(3) ?): my records are all 255, and my servid are around 8200
> (thales isn't really stable, so it increase the server list).
>
> I'll have a look in the source code, I may need help, anyone ready to
> answer my (stupid) questions?
>
> Regards
>
> P.S.: sorry for my bad english, I'm french ;)

Hello,

I don't have time/motivation to work on Thales, and this probably won't
change in the future since I have little interest in IRC those days.

If somebody want to take over maintainership, no problem. Just prove
you are able to take better care of Thales than I do by sending patches
fixing bugs etc.

Regarding your queries, I'm not sure of the U-line stuff is doable.
Regarding server.linkedto, it's a bug. Can you send a patch ?

The code is quite well commented. For a global picture, see
README.Coders in the root dir.
--
| address@hidden   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: address@hidden             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |