Re: [Therion] Weird Error

From: Olly Betts
Subject: Re: [Therion] Weird Error
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:08:27 +0000

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 07:47:42AM +0100, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> Quoting Philip Schuchardt <address@hidden>:
> > Just add -m32 option to the compiler and linker flags.
>
> Great, thanks a lot. We will add it soon.

This is really a workaround rather than a fix - it assumes you've got a
multilibbed compiler and all the required libraries compiled as 32 bit.
So it won't even work for all x86_64 Linux users, let alone other 64
bit platforms which don't have a 32 bit mode.

Really, the underlying bug (presumably an assumption that sizeof(long)
== 4 or sizeof(void*) == sizeof(int) or similar) needs fixing.

Here's a patch which at least gets us some way along that road.  It may
even be a complete fix - the therion project I had to hand goes from
dying with the error Philip reported to complaining that it doesn't know
about "left" which could just be because it's too old.  I don't really
have time to dig deeper right now.

Cheers,
    Olly