Re: [Therion] usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkjpeg

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [Therion] usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkjpeg
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 23:14:09 +0000

On 2007-02-04 01:02 +1100, Michael Lake wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have downloaded therion-0.5 and the compile fails with:
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkjpeg
>
> Searching on google brings up some references but nothing that seems right for
> my problem. Im compiling on an Dell Intel machine with Debian. I have
> installed:
> libvtk5 and libvtk5-dev
> The dev package contains the file: /usr/include/vtk-5.0/vtk_jpeg.h
>
> I have modified the Makefile for loch to find the VTK directory:
> #VTKPATH = /usr/local/include/vtk-5.0
> #VTKLIBPATH = /usr/local/lib/vtk-5.0
> VTKPATH = /usr/include/vtk-5.0
> VTKLIBPATH = /usr/lib/vtk-5.0
>
> otherwise it couldnt fin the VTK include directory.
>
> How do I get this vtkjpeg ?

Check out the packaging used on therion 0.4.1 which is in debian
experimental. This fixes up the makefiles so they work with Debian
libraries. I am just about to migrate this to 0.5.0

Hmm, actually it seems 0.4.1 isn't in experimental. I really did think
I uploaded it a month or so ago! Wonder what went wrong there.

Oh well, you can get it here:
svn list svn://wookware.org/therion/

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/