thotbook-dev

[Thotbook-dev] Status report

From: Benjamin Drieu
Subject: [Thotbook-dev] Status report
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:19:49 +0200

Here is my status report for ThotBook :

I've tried to compile and link thoteditor against the new ThotLib
(which is shipped with Amaya) instead of the 2.1e ThotLib.
Unfortunately, paradigms have changed a lot by the meantime.  It would
be very difficult to port thoteditor to the new ThotLib.  So I'm
working on the A language and on the ThotLib API to see if it would be
very complicated to build a minimal ThotBook editor from scratch.

As I noticed, there was a missing file in the binary archive shipped
on http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/thotbook/ that prevented it to
compile A scripts.  So I made a new binary archive and uploaded it.

A new directory has been created in the CVS repository under
thotbook/thotbook.  It contains a _minimal_ A script that does not do
anything exciting right now: it just open a test document and displays
it.  Note: it work with the current thotlib (the version found in the
amaya CVS module).

For those who think ThotBook is vaporware, I would reply it has now
passed to the more interesting status of screenshotware ;-), see
http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/thotbook/thotbook.jpeg to have an idea
of what is the new experimental A implementation of ThotEditor.

--
o Benjamin Drieu:       address@hidden
                        address@hidden